- Repair the roof, installing sound/heat insulation to current specifications.
- Widening the main entrance door to comply with disabled access requirements.
- Renovating existing interior stairs to comply with current requirements.
- Move and enlarge ground floor fire exit.
- Move and enlarge first floor fire exit and install new fire escape.
- Install an independent electricity supply.
- Apply for Premises License.
- Ensure necessary insurance cover is in place.
Phase 1 is now complete and we are able to offer the building for the following uses,
- Performance of live music
- Performance of theatrical entertainment.
- Rehearsal of music.
- Rehearsal of plays, etc.
- Art exhibitions.
- Workshops for musicians, etc. (It is hoped that workshops can be arranged with visiting performers to coincide with their performance at the venue).
- Meeting place for local clubs and groups
- Install a new cost effective and environmentally friendly heating system.
- Install a new lighting system with overall lighting,
- controlled house lighting,
- controlled stage lighting.
- Install a sound system with a sound loop compatible with hearing aids. The system to include facilities to record.
- Build 'back stage' facilities and storage room.
On completion of Stage Two we will be able to offer
- Improved facilities for live performances including full balance sound for the hard of hearing.
- The opportunity for performers to produce recordings for demonstration purposes.
- Performances will be available to local broadcasters including hospital radio.